You are here to know how to jump a car because you are facing some problems with your car to fix right now. If you are reading this article to know how to jump a car, then first stay calm and read this quick article to know how to jump a car.
You might need to know jump start a car because your battery is weak or dead, Malfunctioning starter, car’s fuel lines are frozen or clogged, bad spark plugs in the ignition system, or your car are facing Alternator malfunction.
For any of these reasons, you will need to jump start a car. That’s why you are here for knowing how to jump a car.
Here you will find how to jump starts your car if you are facing any of the upper troubles with your car.
Table of Contents
How to jump a car?
Here are two easy methods which will help you in jump-starting your car. The most used method is using jump cables. In this method, a person uses two jump cables which he/she connects to his/her car’s battery from one side and connect other sides with another car to charge the battery.
How to jump a car with jumper cables?
Here you are going to know how to jump a car with jumper cables. You need two jumper cables and another car to get energy from the other car’s battery. Follow the below instructions to jump start your car using jumper cables:
- Both vehicles should be in park with the ignition off and the parking brakes engaged.
- Park, both cars nose to nose for ease of access and make sure they are not touched.
- Attach the red clamp to the positive terminal of your car’s battery.
- Attach another red clamp to the working battery (another car).
- Attach the black clamp to the negative terminal of the another car’s battery.
- Attach the second black clamp to an unpainted clean metal surface like a nut.
- After a few minutes, start your car with the dead battery and keep it running for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove all the clamps in the reverse method you clamp them.
Your car is now ready to drive!
How to jump a car with a battery pack?
If you don’t have a second car and you are alone, don’t worry. There is another method for jump-starting your car. You need a charged battery pack in your car. Follow the below instructions for knowing how to jump a car with a battery pack.
- You first need the battery pack at least 70% charged.
- Connect the red clamp to the +ve terminal of the battery and the black clamp to the grounding area i.e. nut.
- Grab and start the battery pack and plug the cable in the battery pack’s port.
- Unplug the cable from the battery pack and unplug the clamps in reverse method clamp.
You have now understood how to jump a car with a battery pack. Your car is now ready to drive.
What is meant by Jump Start?
Don’t know about jump start? Jump Start means starting a car by getting current from another car. If there is no current in your car’s battery, you need to get current from another car’s battery to get an extra boost and energy to starts your car’s engine.
Jump starting is not so difficult as you can figure out by following any one of these two steps that I have taught you.
Hope you have now understood how to jump a car by using another car and without having another car. Now apply any method from these two methods to jump-start your car and make it ready to run!
For more useful articles, visit PostManiac.
Also read: Badastream
Last Updated on November 16, 2022